PVD COATINGS FOR INJECTION MOULDS OF PLASTIC MATERIALS
The coating developed by means of PVD Magnetron Sputtering presents the best PVD finish in the market, it even maintains the mirror and optical gloss surface.
The two preceding features are a result of the total absence of microdroplets. Furthermore, wear resistance, corrosion resistance is increased thereby easing the unmoulding step. This coating can be obtained at low and medium temperature.
HIGH-HARDNESS PVD COATING, OBTAINED AT LOW TEMPERATURES (max 200ºC)
This coating was specially developed for avoiding deformation upon coating in pre-manufactured moulds with tempered and quenched materials at low temperature, which had been fabricated with stainless steel and pre-treated steels.
TiN Molt Based on TiN compound . (*)
- Injection of abrasively reinforced plastics.
- Resistant to abrasion.
- Facilitates unmoulding.
CrN Molt Based on CrN compound . (*)
- Injection of abrasive plastics.
- Copper-aluminium and copper-berillium alloys.
- Growth in slightly-tensioned multilayers that allows to obtain growths between 6 and 8 microns.
DLC Molt Based on DLC compound.
- Mobile parts without lubrication subjected to wear.
- Sliding moulds.
- Abrasive and corrosive plastics due to chlorine compounds.
Alox Molt Based on AlTiN compound . (*)
- Very high hardness (3700 HV) and wear-resistance.
- Resistant to thermo-oxidation.
- Injection of highly abrasive plastics.
(*) PVD coatings that can be obtained at higher temperatures (close to 450ºC)