PVD, Alox coating based on AlTiNAlox is a PVD coating based on AlTiN compounds structured in extremely thin crystals and thus obtaining layers with incredibly low internal tensions. Alox is specially recommended in cutting tools which allow certain layers' thickness while maintaining high wear-resistance, low friction and high resistance towards oxidation.
Benefits of the coating Alox
- High hardness and wear-resistance.
- Excellent tenacity-hardness relationship provided by the supernitride's structure.
- Avoids hot and cold micro-soldering.
- Excellent superficial finish which minimizes the cutting and friction efforts in the chip evacuation processes.
- Elevated oxidation temperature.
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||850ºC|
- Slab casting plates.
- Roughing of hardmetal and high-speed steel mills.
- Hardmetall drill bits with conditioning of cutting edges for working at high velocities.