PVD, Alox Molt coating based on AlTiNAlox Molt is a PVD coating based on AlTiN compounds, structured in nanocapes and obtained at low temperature (lower than 250 ºC). It is specially indicated for protecting the surface of abrasive plastics injection moulds. Flubetech has developed Alox Molt so as to improve wear resistance, more specifically in the abrasive's field, for the injection moulds of reinforced plastics with fibres. The obtaining characteristics of Alox Molt coating allows to obtain an excellent adherence at low temperatures thereby avoiding the loss of hardness in low-temperature-quenched moulds. The superficial preparation and coating steps have been carefully developed for the sake of guaranteeing the mould's originally superficial polishness. Additionally, the mirror and even optical gloss are maintained.
Benefits of the coating Alox Molt
- Corrosion and wear resistance.
- Maintenance of the mould's original hardness.
- Absence of dimensional distortions during the coating's process.
- Increase of the mould's durability lifetime while maintaining the original polishness. Protection against scratches.
- Facilitates the cleaning step. Diminution of the cleaning step and of the mould's maintenance.
- If required in industrially polished moulds, it increases its polishing capacity.
- Eases the unmoulding step.
- If allowed by the thermal treatment of the base material characteristics, Alox Molt can be obtained at 450 ºC.
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||850ºC|
- Moulds fabricated at low temperature with quenched and tempered alloys (x 40 Cr 13 “AISI 420”, “1.2344, H-11” ).
- Moulds fabricated with pre-tempered steels ( 1.2378, 1.2311).
- Moulds with elevated requirements in injected tools. Transparent and optical tools, illuminated components for automation and for decorative purposes.