PVD, Biocardibe coating based on Carbon DLCBioCarbide is a PVD coating based on multilayers formed of carbon compounds. The biocompatibility characteristics as well as the high resistance and low friction coefficient makes this coating greatly recommended for surgical tools and biomedic components. Flubetech has developed BioCarbide for dental implants, prosthetic components and surgical tools.
Benefits of the coating BioCarbide
- More stable fixation so as to obtain a better torque.
- Increase of the prosthesis durability due to the high hardness and low friction coefficient that the coating offers.
- Easy extraction of screws and plates due to the bionert characteristics and to the non-existent affinity with bone cells.
- Improvement of the surgical instruments' capacity on the account of heat dissipation and necrosis avoidability.
- Maintenance of the metal's base characteristics during the sterilization process.
- The instruments colouring permit to differentiate references and facilitates the reading of marks inside the operation room.
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||450ºC|
- Femur head, acetabulum and patella.
- Screws and trauma plates.
- Fixation components of dental implants.
- Removable prosthesis.
- Surgical tools made out of stainless steel or titanium such as drill bits, end mills and sheaths, amongst others.
- Coating of Cr-Mo-Co alloys.