PVD, CarboForm coating based on Carbon DLCCarboForm is a PVD coating based on multilayers of carbon compounds. The absent chemical affinity of the non-ferric alloys, specially aluminium, allows the troquels' productivity to be increased in cutting applications, extrusion of aluminium foils without micro-soldering and without material agglomeration. The cleaning and maintenance of dies and gravers are minimal and pretty fast. Furthermore, the properties such as hardness, high resistance to corrosion and low friction coefficients are maintained. Flubetech has developed CarboForm f0r gravers and high-production dies in aluminium and aluminium-coated plates. The obtaining characteristics of the CarboForm coating permit to obtain excellent adherence at low temperatures and thereby being this coating highly recommended for quenched and tempered alloys at low temperatures and pre-treated alloys. The surface and coating-preparation phases have specially been designed for guaranteeing the surface, original polishness. CarboForm is specially indicated when the expected prevision is elevated and when the tools need an elevated quality surface.
Benefits of the coating CarboForm
- Resistance towards adhesive and abrasive wear.
- Highly resistant towards corrosion.
- Less friction due to the tribologic properties of carbon.
- Maintenance of the troquel's original hardness.
- Absence of the dimensional distortions during the coating process.
- Increase of the lifetime while maintaining the original polish. Protection against scratches.
- Easiness in cleaning. Diminution of maintenance time and steps.
- If needed, increase of the polishing capacity in industrial dies.
|Hardness||37 GPa- 27 GPa. (3700 HV - 2500 HV)|
|Friction Coefficient||0.1 against steel|
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||450ºC|
- Extrusion of alluminium alloys in fabrication of containers.
- Dies and gravers fabricated with quenched and tempered alloys at low temperatures. (e.g. x 40 Cr 13 “AISI 420”, “1.2344, H-11” , “1.2379 D-2”)
- Pre-quenched alloys. ( e.g. 1.2378, 1.2311)