PVD, CC AluSpeed coating based on Titanium Diboride (TiB2)CC AluSpeed is a PVD coating based on titanium diboride compounds of ceramic nature and with high hardness and high resistance to thermoxidation. Generally, borides and in particular that of titanium show a null chemical affinity against non-ferric materials. CC AluSpeed is specially recommended in applications that Aluminium, Copper and Titanium alloys are shaped.
Benefits of the coating CC AluSpeed
- High hardness and wear resistance
- Excellent hardness-tenacity relationship: supernitride structure.
- Maintains the silhouette of the cutting's edges.
- Mechanizing soft alloys with elevated friction at high velocities.
- Avoids micro-solders in the hot and cold temperature range when mechanizing aluminium alloys due to their null chemical affinity.
- Excellent superficial finish of the mechanized tools with a value 5 times greater than that without coating.
- High oxidation temperature.
|Thickness||2-5µm (6µm Aluspeed plus)|
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||950ºC|
- Roughing end mill, roughing plates , mechanization Copper and Aluminium alloys (Al/ Si up to 10% in Si).
- Plates of grooved, non-ferric alloys.
- Roughing end mill and aeronautic, alloyed drills of Ti (TiAl6V4).
- Hardmetal bit drills.