CVD, CCDia FiberSpeed coating based on polycrystalline diamondCCDia FiberSpeed is a coating obtained by means of CVD Hot Filament, HT- CVD. CCDia FiberSpeed has the polycrystalline diamond properties obtained in form of multilayers with excellent adherence on top of hardmetal (*). The surface preparation incorporates different steps that are used to grow PCD diamond carbon, which are listed as follows: chemical-surface attack, controlled sand-blasting and germination. This coating is specially recommended for mechanizing tools of carbon fibre, reinforced plastics with CFRP fibres and Al-CFC-Ti sandwiches used in aeronautic industry.
Benefits of the coating CCDia FiberSpeed
- High hardness and resistance to abrasive wear.
- Avoids cold micro-solder.
- Excellent superficial finish that minimizes the cutting efforts.
- Does not round the cutting edges.
- Excellent adherence with % cobalt content of up to 10 %.
- Alternated combinations of layers between micro- and nanocrystalline structures.
- Clear cut in CFC screwing.
|Hardness||90 GPa. (roughly 10.000 HV)|
|Friction Coefficient||0,3 -0,5 against steel|
|Colour||Dark Grey - Black|
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||450ºC|
- Graphite mechanized plates.
- Hardmetal tools for mechanizing graphite, carbon fibres CFC.
- CFC and Stacks screwing (Al-Ti-CFC).
- Mechanization of reinforced plastic with carbon and glass fibres.