PVD, CrN Molt coating based on Chromium NitrideCrN Molt is a PVD coating based on Chromium Nitride (CrN), which is obtained at temperatures lower than 250 ºC. This coating is specially indicated to protect the surface of chlorinated plastics' moulds. The Chromium-based compounds present the best resistance to corrosion. CrN Molt increases the mould's wear resistance of chlorinated plastic materials (PVC). The CrN Molt obtaining features allow to achieve excellent adherence at low temperatures. Moreover, it also avoids the hardness loss in those quenched and tempered alloys used for creating moulds at low temperatures. The surface preparation and coating step have been specially developed in order to guarantee the original polish of the moulds surface. It maintains the mirror and even optical gloss as well. This coating is specially designated for elevated-productivity moulds that require high-superficial capacity tools.
Benefits of the coating CrN Molt
- Wear and corrosion resistance.
- Maintenance of the mould's original hardness.
- Absence of dimensional distortions during the coating's process.
- Increase of the mould's lifetime durability while maintaining the original polishness. Protection against scratches.
- Eases the cleaning step. Decreases the time and steps of the mould's maintenance.
- If required in industrially polished moulds, it increases its polishing capacity.
- Unmoulding easiness.
- Hardness' value regards that of TiN Molt but with better friction coefficient, higher resistance to corrosion and higher oxidation superior.
- It exists the possibility, while maintaining the adherence, of obtaining thicknesses with values greater of that of TiN Molt and Alox Molt due to low internal tensions.
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||700ºC|
- Moulds fabricated at low temperature with quenched and tempered alloys (stainless steels, alloys fabricated via metal injection moulding).
- Moulds fabricated with pre-tempered steels ( 1.2378, 1.2311).
- Moulds of copper alloys and beryllium-bronzes alloys.
- Moulds with elevated requirements in ejected tools. Transparent and optical tools, illuminated components for automation and for decorative purposes.