PVD, DALCUT coating based on Carbon DLCDALCUT is a PVD coating based on multilayers of carbon compounds. Besides having a high resistance to wear and corrosion, its low affinity towards aluminium and its alloys, and low friction coefficient makes it greatly recommendable for mechanizing alloys with allumium that have a % Si content lower than 9 %. This coating is specially indicated in mechanizing aluminium and copper, soft alloys i.e. generally the non-ferric alloys.
Benefits of the coating DALCUT
- Resistance to abrasive and adhesive wear.
- Highly resistant to corrosion even when provoked at middle temperatures.
- Maintains the silhouette of the tool's edge.
- Soft alloy, low velocity mechanizings with high friction and with absence of lubrication.
- Avoids cold micro-solders in the aluminium-alloys mechanizing due to their null chemical affinity and consequently, no agglomerations and lumps are formed in the cutting zone.
- Excellent surface finish of the mechanized tool, approximately being 5 times greater than that obtained without coating.
|Hardness||27GPa (2700 HV)|
|Obtaining Temperature||450ºC -200ºC|
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||450ºC|
- Graphite mechanizing.
- Aluminium alloys mechanizing.
- TiAl6V4 mechanizing in fabricating aeronautics components.
- Pure Ti mechanizing in biomedics components.