PVD, HSN2 coating based on multiple layers doped with SiHSN2 is a PVD coating based on Ti-and-Si-doped compounds. The combination of Titanium and Silicon nitrides grants the coating a truly high hardness and refractariety with increased resistance to thermoxidation. HSN2 is specially indicated for mechanizing quenched alloys to hardnesses greater than 55 HRC.
Benefits of the coating HSN2
- High hardness and wear resistance.
- Maintains the silhouette of the cutting's edge.
- Mechanized alloys for dies and moulds which hardness is greater than 60 HRC.
- High oxidation temperature.
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||950ºC|
- Plates, end mills and alloy mechanization 1.2344 (55 HRC), 1.2083 (52 HRC), 1.2379 (62 HRC).
- Dry-mechanizing to hardness greater than 70 HRC.
- Cutting velocities of 250 m/min and 0.02 to 0.3 mm/rev.