PVD, Hyperlox coating based on AlTiNHyperlox is a PVD coating based on AlTiN compounds that ensures the best properties of hardness and tenacity due to obtaining the optimal Al : Ti proportion. Its structure is made out of extremely thin crystals that obtain layers with incredibly low internal tensions Hyperlox is specially recommended for cutting tools that require of a high wear resistance and high oxidation resistance, when working in dry and extremely hard conditions.
Benefits of the coating Hyperlox
- Very high hardness and wear resistance.
- Excellent hardness-tenacity relationship that is proportionated by the supernitride structure.
- Hyperlox Plus. The structure obtained for Hyperlox allows to obtain bigger thicknesses while maintaining the same adherence and tenacity properties.
- Avoids micro-solders when working in heating and non-heating conditions.
- Excellent superficial finish that minimizes the cutting effors and also the friction within the chip's evacuation channels.
- Greater oxidation temperature if compared to Tinalox SN2.
- Hyperlox Blue. Since Hyperlox can be obtained with a characteristic blue colouration then it allows a better tracing of the tool's wear.
|Thickness||2-3 µm (4-6 µm Hyperlox plus)|
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||1200ºC|
- Grooving and end milling plates.
- End mills, hardmetal and stainless steel reamers.
- Copying and finishing end mills.
- Gun drills, drill bits of great length.
- Saw blades.
- Cutting blades.
- Mechanizing stainless steels.
- Mechanizing quenched steels with hardness found at 55 HRC and 62 HRC.
- Mechanizing titanium alloys, specially that of TiAL6V4.
- Possibility of decoating and re-coating.