PVD, TiN coating based on Titanium NitrideTiN Molt is a PVD coating based on supernitride-structured TiN, which is obtained at low temperature (lower than 250ºC). It is specially indicated for protecting the injection moulds of chlorinated plastics. Flubetech has developed TiN Molt for improving the resistance to the plastically abrasive mould's wear. The obtaining characteristics of the TiN Molt coating allows to obtain at low temperature an excellent adherence thereby avoiding the loss of hardness in the alloys used for quenched and tempered moulds at low temperature. The superficial preparation and coating step have been carefully designed for the sake of guaranteeing, while maintaining mirror or even optical gloss, the mould's original surface polishness.
Benefits of the coating TiN Molt
- Corrosion and wear resistance.
- Maintenance of the mould's original hardness.
- Absence of dimensional distortions during the coating's process.
- Increase of the mould's durability lifetime while maintaining the original polishness. Protection against scratches.
- Cleaning easiness. Diminution of the mould's cleaning time and maintenance step.
- If required in industrially polished moulds, it increases its polishing capacity.
- Eases the unmoulding step.
- If allowed by the thermal treatment of the base material characteristics, TiN Molt can be obtained at 450 ºC.
- Inferior hardness when compared to Alox Molt but with smaller friction coefficient.
|Degradation Temperature (oxidation)||500ºC|
- Moulds fabricated at low temperature with quenched and tempered alloys (x 40 Cr 13 “AISI 420”, “1.2344, H-11” ).
- Moulds fabricated with pre-quenched steels ( 1.2378, 1.2311).
- Moulds of copper alloys and beryllium-bronzes alloys.
- Moulds with elevated requirements in injected tools. Transparent and optical tools, illuminated components for automation and for decorative purposes.